It is essential to consume vitamin C-rich foods because this vitamin is not made by our bodies and hence, the requirements must be fulfilled through external sources like from food. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is about 70 milligrams for women and about 90 milligrams for men. There are a number of ways of ensuring vitamin C intake in your body and fruit juices are one of them.
Vitamin C-Rich Drinks For Healthy Skin:
1. Orange And Ginger Detox Drink RecipeOrange is one of the best fruits to load up on, in order to get enough vitamin C in your diet. A 100 grams of orange contains 64 percent Daily Value of vitamin C as per recommendations by Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academies. This orange, ginger detox drink is great for your skin, as it contains turmeric, which is also an antioxidant-rich spice.
2. Mango Kiwi Fuzz RecipeMango contains 60 percent daily value of vitamin C, as per data by the United States Department of Agriculture. The delicious summer fruit goes incredibly well with kiwis in this recipe that is sure to make your skin grateful for all the pampering.
3. Mint Kiwi Lemonade RecipeKiwi and lemons are both rich in vitamin C. In fact, kiwi is one of the best sources of vitamin C out there. This lemonade is one of the best ways of beating the heat, while making sure you load up on some much needed nutrients for a healthy skin.
4. Chilled Mango Soup RecipeThis isn't exactly your regular mango drink - it contains, besides delicious mango pulp, ripe tomatoes, which are also rich in vitamin C as well as lemon juice for another punch of vitamins as well as flavours. This chilled soup is going to be your favourite this summer.
5. Pineapple Panna (Ananas Panna) RecipePineapple is another fruit that is incredibly rich in vitamin C - 79 percent DV (as per the USDA data). This pineapple panna is a delicious twist to the raw mango panna that is so popular in India and contains roasted cumin, black salt and sugar.
A deficiency of vitamin C may cause scurvy, which is rare but a fatal disease. Include these delicious vitamin C-rich drinks in your diet to make your skin happy!